Sunday, November 25, 2018

thank you


Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because it gives me time to reflect and be thankful for the many people in my life.  If you remember my first thought of the week this year (that would have been a great extra credit question) it was about belonging.  I like many other people was starting this school year in a new environment and wondered would I fit in.

So, I wanted to take the time to thank all my students for helping me transition to a new school.   Your feedback has allowed me to become a better teacher from your remarks about vulnerability to your suggestions on how to make the class both more engaging, and easier to learn.  I would say that 95% of what I do well as a teacher came from student feedback.

I have enjoyed the conversations both inside and outside the class room.  You have proven to be both insightful and caring.  You are great at asking questions and on a whole have pushed me to explain things with more clarity.

 For the students who are struggling with the course so far, I have the greatest admiration and respect for you.  I do not really care about your test scores now but more importantly how you will perform later in the year.  Sometimes we focus so much on the score we lose track of our improvement.  The fact that some of you come before school, after school, and during your free periods shows me your persistence which will help you be successful throughout your entire life.

When I asked students, what made our school special they said, “the free periods and the teachers” The truth is that you missed what really makes it special, that is the STUDENTS.

Thanks for all you have done to make my start a memorable one.  You have truly made me feel like I belong to the rich tradition of our school.   I truly look forward to the second part of the semester.

With deep appreciation

2 comments:

  1. thanks for being a great teacher Mr. Bressler, hope your Thanksgiving holiday went well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being one of the best teachers I have had so far over my four years at the Hall. The way you can captivate the students and engage them in the day to day teachings is truly amazing. Thank you for all that you do to help me better understand how both Government and life work.

    Stephen Ryan 441-2

    ReplyDelete