Tuesday, December 16, 2014

failure

In the last blog there was a comment about how we will all fail and we should not be embarrassed about it.  One of the things that we need to change is the word failure.  It is not that we will all fail, it is that we all will meet obstacles along the way.  Some of these obstacles will be difficult to overcome but they all present a chance for you to learn and grow.

One of the hardest things to do is be gritty all the time.  When you are in high school you have developed those friends that when you feel like quitting they will not allow it.  They are the ones who are sympathetic to your problems but in the end they push you forward and make sure that you do not quit.  What is neat about technology is that even though you might go to different schools you can still lean on these old friends to help you keep pushing forward when you feel like quitting.

One of the things that I have started doing when I set goals is to think of all the obstacles that might prevent me from hitting my goals.  Then I think of ways around these obstacles so when they appear I am prepared for them.  Do I sometimes still lose to the obstacles, of course.  I just remind myself I am human and will do a better job the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment