Monday, April 28, 2014

some advice from a student at Penn

I was at a conference Sunday at the University of Penn.  Sitting near to me was a student at Penn.  Realizing that one of my students was going to Penn, I asked her what advice she would give to Izzy.  She then told me I would give her the same advice I was giving any person entering college.  So I thought I would pass this along to all of you.

You are going to struggle at the start of college, just realize that most others are also struggling.  They might hide it better than you but they are struggling just like you.  That Universities have a lot of help, but you need to seek it out.  So if you are struggling academically go find the writing, tutoring labs and take advantage of them.  There are places to meet people if the struggle is social.

The key and she repeated it again, is that most people struggle.  Do not think you are the only one and get help before you go to far under.

No comments:

Post a Comment