Sunday, November 29, 2015

Make stress your friend

I work in a place where everyone seems stressed.  My students will often talk about or show their stress during the course of the day.  Now that I teach mostly seniors, the stress is added with such things as college essays, applications and the entire college process.  Teachers are stressed with the changes that are put upon them without any input into them.

I have told my students that stress is good for you.  The problem with stress is when you think it is your enemy.  This weekend I have done a lot of research on stress and am going to do a seminar after school on "Making Stress your friend" 

Hopefully in getting both teachers and students educated on stress will help both of these key players in the educational process more productive.  Stress is really a true ally in our being productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment