Sunday, September 28, 2014

Why paint

It amazes me that in a place that is basically closed for the summer, we have decided to paint during the school year.  It is one of those things that are not a big deal to the decision makers because it only impacts students and teachers. 

Whenever you change classrooms it throws off instruction since students go to the wrong room first, which gets many of them their late.  As a teacher you do not know the technology in the room that you get, and for the other teacher, you are now occupying their room that they used to prepare.

When you comeback you have to set up your room, hope that it does not smell of paint, which might impact some students, and then reset your stuff so that it can work the next day.

Typically the administrative response is that it is only one day.  It amazes me how flippant they are with one day of instruction.  I am often tempted to put my feet on my desk, tell the kids to take a nap, when the administrators come in.  When they question this I can say only one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment