Saturday, January 5, 2013

Education by an Angry Old man

I wanted to start a blog about my thoughts on education.  I realize that I am an angry old man but still I think there is something in this blogging thing that might work out.  As a teacher I am often struck by how powerful good teaching can be.  I see on a day to day basis how my colleague's influence students and in some cases turn their lives around.  It is also a very tough business to be in.  Your clients (students) rarely want to be there and the reason for their boredom is you.  How do we turn kids who are excited about learning (go to any kindergarten class) into students who hate school.  This is what I hope to explore in this blog.  Hopefully I will be hitting topics as they come to me during the course of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment