Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Let's make the world a better place

Just recently I finished talking to one of the best educators I have ever met.  One of the things he commonly asks his students are "How did you make the world a better place' He wants his students to explain to him each day how they made the world a better place.

One of the reasons I like to encourage students to get into teaching is that gives you the opportunity to make the world a better place each and everyday you come to work. It is a rare profession in which you can have a tremendous influence on people.

I would like to ask our community to take a couple of minutes and write down how you think you will make the world a better place in the future?  How you make the world a better place right now.

This is a time to dream, not be modest.  Share how your future goals will make this world a better place for all of us to live in

4 comments:

  1. I hope I make the world better by being a positive force, at least most of the time. When someone gets a rejection letter or misses a deadline, it's really easy to be cynical but I don't think that helps anything. So I decided that I want to be a positive person, encouraging myself and my peers even when it's simpler to be negative. As for the future, I just want to help people. I haven't figured out how yet, but I'm sure I will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the college rejection is a difficult one to handle. Students have earned the right to be disappointed but I continue to think you are way more important than the college you attend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope to make the world a better place by bringing smiles filled with love and joy to other people's faces. In the future, I'd like to become a doctor so that I can constantly reinforce the power of compassion and selflessness unto myself and those in need. In the present, I try to tutor my peers at least once every week as I now find myself in a position where I need their help as much as they do mine. Along with this, as President of the Student Government Organization, I try my best to be receptive to what students like and think needs improvement at our school. In doing this, I hope to make a positive impact on the Dulaney community so that one day students will look back at their high school memories and remember some of the great times shared together. As for right now, I like to think that the world always looks brighter from behind a smile, and by starting with the simple, little things, hopefully it will help us make for a better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your comments brought a smile to my face and truthfully I really needed one. You are the type of person who makes others feel better when they see you. Thanks for taking the time to respond

    ReplyDelete