Monday, October 7, 2013

Why golf helps me as a teacher

This summer I came off maybe my worst summer hitting the golf ball.  My distance disappeared in front of my very eyes and most people told me it was due to age.  However, there had to be more to it.  I fooled around with twenty different swings and finally I decided to see the Pro.  He has totally changed my swing which is very difficult at my age but it is reminding me how difficult it is for some students to learn.

I practiced for two hours and still was doing some of the things that he told me to change.  It proves to me how hard it is to change bad habits and how hard it is to stay on the treadmill.  I am going to work all winter on fixing this swing.

Sunday, my last five shots were great.  It is like crushing a quiz it keeps you going.  The trouble with golf is that by next week I can have lost it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment